Do I have to call the police if I hit a traffic sign or guard rail?

Yes.  There are several hit-and-run laws in Virginia. This is one of them. If you hit unattended property, you are required to find the owner or, if not possible, leave a note with your name and details. Then, you are also required to report it to police within 24 hours.  Virginia Code Section 46.2-896 sets forth the requirements for drivers involved in such an accident.

Our Mission

Our Mission is to get the best possible result for each client, while including the client in the decision-making process along the way.  Every case is different, so we strive to gain detailed knowledge of the special facts and then find all of the relevant law to help get the best result either at trial or by negotiation.

Areas We Serve

Our Office is located at Fairfax Courthouse.   The Courthouse and Jail are right outside my window and you can’t park any closer than our office.  We focus on defense of DUI, traffic, and other misdemeanor and drug charges.

McGlone Law Firm, Fairfax Freedom Fighters
none (fax)
Mon: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Tue: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Wed: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Thu: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Fri: 09:00am - 04:00pm
Sat: 09:00am - 04:00pm