Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (703) 273-2750
McGlone Law Firm, P.C.

How to Request Your Alabama Driving Record

There are two types of driving records you can request from the Alabama DMV, a complete history or a 3-year history.

Complete driving histories (abstracts) must be requested in person.  You must complete the Driver Abstract Request Form, have a government-issued ID, and a $15 fee (no personal checks).  The abstract will be mailed to you the next day.  DMV office locations that provide this service are listed on the request form.  

Three-year driving records may be requested by mailing the completed Driving Record Request Form, along with $5.75 (certified or cashier's check, or money order - no personal checks), and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Driving Record Request
Driver License Division
PO Box 1471
Montgomery, AL  36102-1471



Paul Liam McGlone
Connect with me
DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney and Founder of McGlone Law Firm