his item was taken from a blog on the World Sleep Foundation site.
Sleepy Driving as Dangerous as Driving Drunk
by lowes1 on November 9, 2010
Sleepy Driving is Dangerous and can be as Dangerous as Drunk Driving Says a new AAA study. 40 percent of Americans admit they've fallen asleep while driving
This item was taken from a blog on the World Sleep Foundation site.
A new study out Monday shows you should get more sleep before you get behind the wheel. AAA says more than 40–percent of Americans admit they've fallen asleep while driving. Also, 15–percent of all deadly crashes happen because one of the drivers was drowsy. according to the new study.
Sleep Driving Study Highlights:
* AAA said driving drowsy can be as dangerous as driving drunk.
* AAA study advises more sleep for driver
* Forty-one percent of drivers admit to having “fallen asleep or nodded off” at some point in their lives, according to a new survey done by AAA.
* One in 10 within the last year.
* More than half of them fell asleep on a highway.
* And one in six fatal crashes involves a drowsy driver.
“Most people think they can control it, but the research show . . .
Click here to read the full article: